West Coast & Seattle Job Openings
The West Coast and Seattle job openings you see listed here are only a portion of the jobs upon which we are working. We generally have between four and twelve searches in which the hiring company requires confidentiality. As professional executive recruiters, we will never divulge the names of the hiring companies without prior approval from the client.
Contact Kim Finch Cook Executive Recruiter About These West Coast & Seattle Job Opportunities
C-Suite Careers (CXO)
CFO - Fitness Equipment - Bonney Lake, WA
Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports To: Controller
Organization: Publicly held Company
Description: Position Purpose & Responsibilities:
The Accounting Manager, a key member of the Finance team, is responsible for managing the overall close process, for developing, implementing and/or maintaining the general ledger accounting SOX controls and for creating and maintaining internal management reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the entire month-end close process, cash management process, and fixed asset accounting
- Manages all accounting accruals for Legal, IT, Infrastructure, Accounting
Finance, HR and Marketing
- Reviews debt, lease, and payroll entries for month-end close
- Spearheads internal reporting, collaborating closely with FP&A, the Controller and CFO to create internal reporting from Oracle
- In conjunction with the Controller, coordinates timing of the audit and preparation of work papers in a timely and accurate manner
- Supports the preparation of process documents and design of internal controls for
Management’s SOX attestation
- Drafts and/or reviews technical accounting memos, providing insight to accounting treatment for new contracts and arrangements
- Prepares supporting documents used in the creation of SEC and other governmental reporting
- Preparation of federal, state and local documents for creation of tax provision
- Assists on projects as needed including optimization projects dealing with our financial and accounting system
- Manages 2 Senior Accountants and one dotted line, Sr. Accountant for SEC
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business with Accounting or Finance concentration
- A minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience and 2 years of private industry;
- CPA license preferred
- Prior experience with Oracle Fusion or similar ERP system is a preferred
- Advanced Excel with an understanding of pivot tables
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.
Salary is based on experience +++ bonus and benefits
Accounts Payable Manager
Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports To: Corp Controller
Description: Position Purpose & Responsibilities:
This is a medical devices, biologics, therapeutics and intervention focused company.
Accounts Payable Manager will manage the day-to-day accounts payable workflow. To be successful in this role, you must be detail oriented, able to identify and resolve issues, and have a sense of urgency.
Reporting to the Controller, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Improve our entire procurement process from requisition to payment through increased use of technology to ensure efficiency and accuracy in all processes
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems with a focus on simplifying and standardization
- Act as a point of escalation for Accounts Payable and ensure professional, accurate and timely remediation of issues
- Review payment proposals on a weekly basis
- Establish process for new vendor creation and onboarding
- Create onboarding documents for new employees with guide for use of Coupa (procurement system) and Concur (expense management system)
- Maintenance and review of vendor information, including banking, ACH, Form W-9’s, as needed for year-end 1099 issuance
- Oversee travel and expense reimbursement and audit process through Concur
- Assist with preparation of the month-end Accounts Payable accrual
- Year end 1099 reporting process to ensure compliance and adherence to government regulations
- Ensure that all invoices are paid according to contractual terms and that the company takes advantage of discounts where it makes sense
- Ensure that sales tax is properly assessed and/or accrued on all invoices
- Direct management of the monthly and annual accounts payable close process
- Assist with month-end Accounts Payable reconciliation
- Assist with interim and year-end audit requests as needed
- Map out monthly corporate credit card posting and review process
- Supervise the accounts payable staff in the organization and provide training and constructive feedback to enhance their work performance
- Follow up with vendors regarding payment inquiries and billing issues
- Suggest process improvements to remove bottlenecks in the payment process
- Other duties as assigned
Job Skills and Qualifications
- 5-7+ years of related experience in Accounts Payable
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of General Ledger and Account Reconciliations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to build strong working relationships with key business partners, both internal and external
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- NetSuite and Coupa experience preferred
- Resourcefulness and an impulse to tackle problems and improve processes
- Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Director of Organizational Development - Seattle WA
Title: Director of Organizational Development
Location: Seattle WA
Reports To: VP of HR
Nonprofit social enterprise serving individuals released from prison or jail, and those in recovery, who are in need of treatment, housing, job skills training and employment.
Develop and implement a diversity and inclusion strategy. Manage and support the assessment of the organizational needs, as well as, the design, implementation and evaluation of programs that facilitate the continuous professional growth and development of teams and individuals, particularly people leaders and emerging leaders. Reporting to the VP of HR and a part of the Leadership Team (HRLT) providing strategic and tactical leadership in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Develop and implement a progressive diversity and inclusion strategy
- Develop company’s’ organizational development strategy ensuring that it has a best-in-class approach, meeting the changing needs of the business while optimizing impact for leaders and frontline employees.
- Develops effective change management strategies, frameworks and project plans to ensure successful implementation.
- Manages critical projects and/or initiatives, appropriately applies change management principles, philosophies, and practices to deliver desired results
- Develop and implement a progressive diversity and inclusion strategy
- Collaborates to develop the employee engagement survey strategy, execution, and action-planning process
- Build best practices into succession planning and talent assessment process
- Develop and oversee curriculum and content for leadership, management, emerging leader, and new employee orientation programs
- In partnership with Talent Acquisition develop a robust onboarding and employee experience for New hires
- Grow employees’ skills and proficiency in partnership with business/function leaders and subject matter experts
- Develop, track and maintain analytic solutions to ensure learning program adoption, quality, and effectiveness
- Partner with HR business partners to support learning and development initiatives, needs and priorities
- Demonstrates exceptional understanding and application of project management concepts and techniques.
- Ability to create project plans, manage project implementation, create teams, provide thought leadership and engage with stakeholders to create buy-in, gather and share data.
- Ability to mobilize groups to adoption of new approaches.
- Ability to design, create and implement appropriate Organizational Development and change frameworks, resources, toolkits, guides, and training material.
- Demonstrated expertise in organizational design, job analysis/design, creating staffing models, implementing and managing culture change and transformation initiatives.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate employees in a team-based environment
- Ability to provide consulting support and services at all levels within the organization, understand business needs and create actionable solutions, tools and resources in various Org Management, People Development, HR, Org Design, Engagement and Staffing and Performance areas.
- Action-oriented with a demonstrated ability to drive for and deliver on results
- Demonstrated strategic leadership and ability to understand the strategic context
- Translate organizational change implications and generate a change approach/solutions that drives desired outcomes.
- Ability to prepare a variety of comprehensive administrative and technical documents and reports
- Proven ability to work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
- Minimum: 5+ years of work experience in organizational development, organizational effectiveness, change management or talent management required. Preferred: 7+ years
- Diversity and Inclusion strategy experience
- Minimum: 3+ years of consulting experience with a combination of change management and organizational development expertise.
- Minimum: 2+ years of people management or supervisory experience required. Preferred: 4+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Competitive salary and benefits DOE
Sr. Dir. Of Outpatient Services - Seattle WA
Accounting & Finance Careers
Controller - Kent WA
Location: Kent, WA (or home office)
Reports To: CFO
Organization: Wholesale distribution and e-commerce company
The Controller is responsible for managing and directing the company’s accounting operation including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an effective system of internal controls and accounting records, development of effective management reporting tools, development and circulation of budgets and forecasts and ensures that reported results are in compliance with GAAP principles. The Controller serves as a key advisor to the CFO and senior management team on all financial and accounting matters. The Controller will gain a deep understanding of key elements of the business in order to provide Company managers with effective and useful information to assist in their execution of their job responsibilities. As such, the candidate will have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. A person with proven achievement in leading Accounting Teams, financial planning & analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and managing and prioritizing multiple deadlines and priorities will be successful in this position.
- Maintains, communicates and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and well-designed internal controls.
- Manages all outsourced accounting functions including managing subsidiary accounting functions and ensuring consistent application of accounting principles across all entities.
- Directs, supports and manages the operations of the accounting department including developing, supporting, mentoring and coaching accounting team members to lead them to their highest potential. Ensures the proper organization within the accounting department to meet the Company’s accounting needs.
- As a Senior Manager of the Company, represents the company with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Adheres and supports company polices and support management decisions in a positive, supportive and professional manner.
- Other duties as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities Advisory and Financial Analysis
- Ensures that financial strategic plans focus on key issues by challenging important assumptions and identifying reasons for changes in company performance.
- Evaluates business performance alongside the CFO and senior management team.
- Acts as an advisor to the CFO and senior management team on critical proposals, business transactions and other business ventures.
- Takes an independent stance and challenges the ideas of the CFO and senior managers while maintaining their respect and confidence.
- Offers seasoned business judgment and superior analytical abilities, particularly in strategic business and financial analysis and forecasting. Provides direction and strategy for the Company’s annual budgeting, rolling 5 Quarter forecast and cash forecast processes.
- Works with managers to ensure the smooth functioning of the planning, reporting, and control systems, and to resolve conflicts between company and department priorities.
- Develops and refines management reporting processes on key metrics and operating standards designed to provide management insight into the business. Communicate management reports to various stakeholders in the organization to allow for measurement of operating results against goals.
- Counsels the managers on finance-related issues and ensures they are provided with analytical support for special projects.
- Oversees the operation of Accounting software platforms and resolves any issues.
- Oversees the accounting department for the accurate, complete and timely distribution of financial statements and management reports including but not limited to monthly financial statements, annual budgets, gross margin reports, cash flow statements, forecasts, etc.
- Oversees cash and treasury management including money market, general operating, payroll and line of credit bank accounts. Generates weekly and monthly cash flow projection and manages the day to day usage and liquidity available on the Company’s line of credit.
- Manages the extension of trade credit and third party credit insurance policy.
- Ensures all external reporting and compliance obligations are fulfilled.
- Compiles and distributes monthly and quarterly financial and board reports.
- Issues monthly financial statements consistently in five business days.
- Manages periodic financial and tax audits including income and sales & use tax audits and annual financial and 401(k) Plan audits.
- Oversees General Ledger reconciliations and month end closing process.
- Oversees the payroll function.
- Ensures the integrity and efficiency of cash, receivables, and payables management.
- Oversee all Federal, State and other Statutory all tax filings and obligations.
- Manages periodic commercial insurance renewals.
- Maintains strong day-to-day relationships with outside stakeholders including bankers, commercial insurance brokers, external auditors and tax advisors.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Oversee internal controls and systems view of accounting processes and procedures.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all organizational levels; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to respond effectively and with discretion to sensitive inquiries or issues; ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks both individually and as a leader of the Accounting Team; good time-management, organizational, prioritizing, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills; willingness to adapt to changing business needs, deadlines and priorities.
Education / Experience / Knowledge / Specialized Training Required
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting, licensed CPA or CMA designation a plus.
- At least 10 years’ experience in Accounting with at least five years of managing accounting teams.
- Experience with fully integrated ERP systems including data extraction and report writing tools associated therewith.
- Supervision of three full-time employees with oversight of two overseas accounting resources.
Excellent Salary (DOE)
Benefits and Bonus
Corporate Controller - Seattle WA
Financial Reporting Sr. Accountant - Seattle
Sr. Billing Specialist - Seattle WA
Title: Sr. Billing Specialist
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports To: Financial Controller
Organization: Private Construction Company
Position Purpose & Responsibilities
The Sr. Billing Specialist will assist with the development of procedures related to all Billing. Identify cost saving opportunities and assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of internal controls to safeguard the company.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Provide input to department goals
- Expert understanding of billing and AR cycle
- Understanding of construction terms, estimates and billable and non-billable cost
- Standard Construction coding
- Sage Billing, Contracts and A/R
- Job cost, work in progress and revenue recognition
- Gross receipts and use tax principles, related tax rates and reporting in multi state
- Training and support to accounting staff and PM/PE users
- Contract maintenance, billing and accounts receivable system
- Monthly billing cycle
- Manage A/R closing cycle and related GL account reconciliation, revenue, A/R and deposits
- Prepare A/R certification and borrowing base certificates
Education & Experience
- BA in Accounting preferred
- Experience with high volume contract billing and contract review
- Salary + benefits based on experience